Power of Attorney
The Problem: An accident, illness or advancing years may make it difficult for you to handle your own affairs. If you can't then no-one else can, without a Court Order. The Court may not appoint the person who you would have chosen, and might appoint a Government bureaucrat. Many comment that Courts are costly, unfriendly and slow.
With a little care and forethought by you, this is all so unnecessary!
The Solution - Make a Lasting Power of Attorney!
This is a deed you sign authorising persons (your attorneys), you select & trust to take on your affairs.
By making a Lasting Power of Attorney now, you can avoid leaving problems for those who would care for your affairs if you cannot. It is cheaper and easier than applying to Court, which is a lot more complicated and difficult. Making a Lasting Power of Attorney is a prudent step to make it much easier your family.
You can have:
- A Property and Affairs Power to cover operating bank accounts, making investment decisions and property deals. And/or
- A Health and Welfare Power for choices such as where you will live, your care and medical treatment.
WE ARE EXPERTS IN THIS AREA.
We can help:
- By listening to your wishes and advising how you can achieve them.
- By explaining the choices you need to make to set up your Lasting Power of Attorney and drawing it up.
- By briefing your Attorneys.
- By registering the Power of Attorney at the Court of Protection.
We can act as your attorney alone or with family or friends.
If it is too late for a Power of Attorney because of lack of Mental Capacity see Court of Protection