Commercial Conveyancing and leases
- We can act in the purchase of Freehold premises whether for your own use or as an investment.
- If you are buying an existing business as a going concern as well as either a freehold or leasehold premises then we can act for you in the purchase of the Business as well as the premises.
- If you are buying a property that is subject to an existing lease then we will carry out a detailed scrutiny of the lease and advise you on the terms of the lease, in particular those that are onerous or that we consider to be unreasonable.
- After completion you become responsible for the obligations in the lease and it is important that you know what you are letting yourself in for.
If you wish to grant a lease of an investment property or spare premises or on to generate income we can help check out your tenant, draft the lease to meet with your requirements and resist any changes proposed by the Tenant that would be to your disadvantage.
If you are proposing to take a lease to a premises you want to hire then we can negotiate the terms of a lease of the required premises to help you avoid any nasty surprises or un-necessary and onerous terms.
Commercial and business leases are getting ever more complex and one sided. They should be a major worry to anyone starting a new venture. Just multiply the annual rent by the length of the proposed lease and add in the insurance and possible repair liabilities to gauge your commitment and risk.
Leases need a word-by-word, line-by-line, paragraph-by-paragraph, page-by-page scrutiny to protect your interests. That is exactly what we can provide.
Contact us if you want to extend your lease or buy the freehold or if you have service charge or absentee landlord problems.
We have two solicitor partners, Ashley Picken and Lionel Conner, both with many years of experience backed up by conveyancing executives, able to provide a first class service in this area. Click here to contact us and we will be able to help you.
We can help with:
- Breaches of covenants
- Rent reviews
- Applications to renew
- Evictions for landlords
- Proceedings for enforcement and
- Sale of leases.